Wednesday 28 April 2010

'Featured' - Chau Har | Womenswear fashion.



Q & A: What element of design do you and / or your company operate within?

Womenswear Fashion: Footwear

Who is typically your client base or customer?

I have a footwear label in high end luxury and conceptual footwear. I also work as a freelance footwear designer and consultant as well as teach shoe making and design at Prescott and Mackay and London College of Fashion.

What did you use C02 technology for fabrication with cutlasercut?

I used cutlasercut to have the pieces of my shoes laser cut. As part of my MA work I developed a range of footwear that uses a mixture of materials and processes. My designs have included laser cut perspex and wooden pieces.

Why did you choose to use cutlasercut over other similar services?

I tried various other services and found that cutlasercut were really accommodating, understanding of what I needed as well as being flexible with time. I will work out the patterns in my studio then deliver it cutlasercut on a USB stick. I usually stay while the pieces are being cut, it's great to watch it all happen while having a chat with Joan and Jamie.

How do you rate the capabilities of our machines in relation to your needs, and how do they compare to other c02 laser services used?

So far I have been most happy with cutlasercut services compared to other services in terms of efficiency, support and them accommodating my deadlines. I have felt happy to approach Joan and Jamie with other materials to test and they have willingly offered advice


Did cutlasercut contribute to your understanding of the technology, and if applicable did we help to expand your ideas opportunities for C02 laser production with us in the future?

Yes, cutlasercut have been extremely informative about the technology which has given me a much better understanding of how the technology works and what the possibilities are. I feel excited and more confident to experiment using the machinery they have, also knowing that I am able to ask for help from the guys.







Many thanks to Chau Har
| Images 03 and 04 credited to Sylvain Deleu 05, 06 to George Ong.